Decorating Cakes With Fondant

Category Cakes
Decorating cakes with fondant is all the rage now. This is a page about decorating cakes with fondant.

I made loads of fresh homemade fondant for my husband's birthday cake. I spent so much time decorating it (this one took me hours!), there was no way I would be okay with even a drop of candle wax dripping on his silhouette. I used the leftover fondant to mold into candle holders to place in front of the cake. They stuck to the tray very firmly. Not a worry in the world!

I made this birthday cake for my daughter last year. She is so lucky to have a 4th of July birthday, so I tend to go a little crazy playing on the red, white, and blue theme. :)

To create the neat marbled look I dividing my fondant in thirds. I dyed 1/3 red, 1/3 blue, and left the remaining 1/3 white. I then rolled each ball into more of a hot dog shape, held them all together, and twisted them around each other a few times. I then carefully made the whole thing into a ball and rolled it out to the proper size to cover my cake. I really love how it turned out!

After covering the cake I trimmed off all of the excess fondant. Next I rolled out a smaller piece of white fondant and using a tiny cookie cutter, I cut out a bunch of stars. I went around the cake once with them. Then I did a second layer of them to cover the gaps where the cake showed in between the first set of stars.

For the top I cut out a large white star, with a tiny star cut out of it. I also cut out a few tiny stars from the excess marbled fondant that I covered the cake with. I wrote her name using melted white chocolate (that I put in a baggie with a corner snipped off).

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

I made this two tiered birthday cake and decorated the the whole thing with fondant. I really enjoy marbling fondant so I chose to marble a teal and a blue color together.

It was for a young girl so I wanted to make funky yet beautiful, so I chose to make the bow and dots in a bright pink.

Tiered Daisy Cake

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Make your own fondant sushi cupcake toppers and save lots of money. If you can model with play dough, you can create your own decorative entrees with this pliable edible dough.

Fondant Sushi Cupcake Toppers - place one piece of sushi on top of each cupcake

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

This is a page about making homemade fondant. Fondant covered cakes are very popular right now. If you don't want to buy pre-made fondant, you can make your own.

Cake covered in fondant.

Food and Recipes Food Tips Baking CakesMarch 1, 2012
😎
📓
🐛
🌻
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Decorating-Cakes-With-Fondant-1.html