Ants in Dishwasher

By Diedra 2

I discovered ants in my dishwasher; I am a clean freak who rinses everything thoroughly before I put dishes in the washer. Any suggestions on what to do?

By Diedra from OH

Showing: Answers Sort

By Susan Sanders-Kinzel 10 2,498 Flag

I have ants in my dishwasher. Has anyone else ever had this problem? How can I solve this problem?

Brit21

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By PENNY K 14 564 Flag

We used to have ant problems every spring. My daughter discovered that by wiping their entry area with a bleach solution they would stop coming for a few days, and then we'd repeat it. Maybe put some bleach [one tablespoon or it will reek of bleach] in your dishwasher once a week until they give up.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Noella 11 381 Flag

I would also think that if the dishwasher were run at night instead of morning, that would keep ants from getting in there in the first place. I know they are attracted to food - sugar, fat, etc. If it's not there, they can't be attracted to it.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Amy Crowley 3 57 Flag

If you see them there, there are a lot you don't see-you gotta find the source,and then your dishwasher will instantly come up ant free. It has nothing to do with clean-you have a way for them to get in! It's getting colder here-they want in.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Sandi/Poor But Proud 467 2,133 Flag

Any time you see ants, you can stop them for a long time with a product called Terro. It's a clear liquid that is basically a sweetener and boric acid.

You put a quarter sized drop on the cardboard they provide, set it down away from kids and pets, like under the sink and fridge, or on windowsills. They come to the "watering hole" and drink, which you will see just like an eclipse around the sun! It's clear in the middle and black around the edges.

Then, they go off and die, spreading the boric acid to the colony. It can be found in any hardware or department store, and is about 3.49 for a bottle that will last you at least 6 months to a year.

This stuff works wonders. Check it out on line. PBP

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By hopeful 27 135 Flag

We use Terro too. It is the best way to get rid of ants. I tried everything else that I could think of-- TERRO is the answer.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Carpenter Ant
Getting Rid of Carpenter Ants
Home and Garden Pest Control AntsNovember 24, 2009
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Replacing a Dishwasher
Replacing a Dishwasher
Ants on a Trumpet Vine
Keeping Ants Off a Trumpet Vine
Carpenter Ant
Getting Rid of Carpenter Ants
Flying ant on a white background.
Getting Rid of Flying Ants
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 5:20:53 PM on 10.0.1.34 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings