Browsing: Making a Knit or Crochet Pan Handle Holder

Crocheted Corn on the Cob Pan Handle Holders (Knitted)

I am looking for the instructions to knit a corn on the cob hot handle holder. I made these many years ago. They were made to put on a hot handle of a pan or skillet, it wrapped around the handle.

The way it was knitted made it automatically "curl" around. I know you started with green yarn and I think one stitch and then keep increasing stitches until you got to the right number (don't remember how many) and then you tied in two strands of yarn, one yellow and one while and the way you knitted it looked like rows of kernels on a cob. When you got to about 6 inches, you went back to the green yarn and kept decreasing stitches until you got back to one and then chained to make a loop for hanging. If any knows the instructions or can figure them out, please let me know.

Thank you.

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

If you mean pattern for a knitted ear of corn, you might check this site out. there is a pattern there.

http://www.knitting-crochet.com/crochet/earcor.htm

I remember making you of these years ago, but didn't have a pattern. I do remember doing it like this pattern. You might have to use a "trial and error" approach

Hello, I just posted a pattern for these on my blog. It's my mom's pattern.

http://rightsidestogether.blogspot. ... ies-knitted-corn-skillet-handle.html

It sounds like what you are looking for. HTH!

yellow yarn
Making a Knit or Crochet Pan Handle Holder
Crafts KnittingJanuary 15, 2007
Corn on the Cob with Lots of Butter
Buttering Corn On the Cob
Removing Corn From the Cob
Removing Corn From the Cob
Corn cooked in the microwave.
Cooking Corn on the Cob in a Microwave
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 24, 2016 at 3:34:51 AM on 10.0.0.107 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.