Can Dogs Eat Corn Cobs?

Category Health
While a corn cob may seem like a good dog chew toy it definitely is not, in fact the ingestion of a cob can may cause great intestinal distress and can actually lead to death. Call your vet immediately if you suspect your pup ate a cob. This is a guide about, "Can dogs eat corn cobs?".

I know some bigger dogs love corn on the cob, but PLEASE don't let your dogs eat the leftover cob! It doesn't digest in their stomach and if it gets clogged, he could need surgery to get it out.

My vet always told me to give my dog peanut rice when he wasn't feeling well. Then I talked to an herbalist who really knew about dogs, she told me that dogs also do not have the proper enzymes in their systems to digest rice. Ever since then I don't give my dog rice or food with rice in it. He is a lot more active!

By MaryKay from Ocala, FL

The rice part makes no sense. Why do dog food companies have lamb and rice dog food? Rice is easier for a dog to digest.

I agree with pabk on the rice. After my dog survived having parvo the vet put her on a special canned food diet that consisted of potatoes and rice. It is easy for them to digest and won't upset their stomachs.

Starxmm, I think you read Ivorluv's post wrong. She suggests not to give dogs rice. I have to agree with pabk, why is there rice in dog food if it is so hard to digest?

I think maybe your herbalist should stick to her herbs and let the pet care to a vet. Just my view.

What is your vet's name and address? And what is peanut rice?