Holding a Nail in Place

Having a difficult time holding that small nail while trying to hammer it into the wall? Here's a great tip, poke it through an index card and keep hold on the index card. It's a sure bet that you won't hit your fingers with the hammer!

By Amanda from Bloomer, WI

Cool idea! Just what I needed since we recently moved and haven't put up the pictures yet.

From another (Watertown)Wisconsinite-Mikki

Hey, that's a super great idea! I've always had trouble holding small nails in place without banging my fingers with the hammer. I have a lot of small cardboards I can use for that purpose. And the great thing about the idea is that I just have to pull / rip out the cardboard after the nail is in place. Thanks a lot, Amanda!

You can also use the clear lid from a deli container then you can see where you are placing it......

Driving a Nail
Driving a Nail
Home and Garden Repair Home MiscellaneousJanuary 12, 2007
Two avocados, one cut in half with the seed inside.
Peeling an Avocado
Nail Polish Drying Tips
Nail Polish Drying Tips and Tricks
Nail Polish Remover Stain on Leather
Fixing Nail Polish Remover Stains on Leather
Nail Polish Spill
Removing Nail Polish from Carpet