Getting Rid of a Double Chin

Can a double chin be caused by weight gain; specifically in the face and neck? If I lose weight is it possible to lose, at least some, of my double chin?

I'm in my 60's and need to lose from 10-15lbs. When I was skinny I didn't have this chin. Don't know if it's from the weight gain or genetic. My mother had one, but she was much more overweight than me.

By txbetty from Lubbock, TX

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I read about an exercise when I was a teenager in cosmopolitan magazine that works very well despite my weight fluctuation. Lay flat on your back with your head on a flat pillow, with your chin pointed towards the ceiling and your head back tighten your jaw muscles making your lower jaw protrude like a bulldogs teeth. Do three sets of ten every night before bed. and you will see results quickly. Make sure you tighten your muscles I try to make my movements slow. This works well for me, however, depending on age and excess skin exercise only does so much, doctors can do more if you can afford it. I know I couldn't though. Also make sure you're moisturizing your neck as well as your face.

Thank you Artlady. I've been trying some of these suggested exercises and the "kiss the celing" seems to be the best.

I had a significant double chin when I was overweight. My mother also had one (she was overweight as well). I have since lost quite a bit of weight and my chin (along with the rest of my face) has firmed right up. I don't have a double chin at all anymore. I didn't do any special exercises.

Woman with a Double Chin
Getting Rid of a Double Chin
Health & Beauty Beauty AdviceAugust 19, 2009
Treating a Cat's Swollen Chin
Treating a Cat's Swollen Chin
Closeup of a gopher.
Getting Rid of Gophers
Double Sided Tape
Uses for Double Sided Tape
Double-Sided Tape
Removing Double-Sided Tape
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 21, 2017 at 3:22:11 PM on 10.0.2.243 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.