Patchwork Back Porch

My small back porch is somewhat of a relaxing/storage space that leads to my patio and also to my basement. I want it to look welcoming.

1. On the left is a seat cover my G-Ma made me back in the 70's to fit a vanity seat.

2. I made a bandanna table cloth from dollar store bandannas.

3. I used one of my (now 21 year old son's) crib blankets used to hide the items on the shelf behind it. It is held in place along the top on the edge of the shelf with upholstery tacks.

By Melody_yesterday from Otterville, MO

It is very cute.

Your backporch in patchwork looks so very nice and welcoming. I especially like the idea you had to use bandanas as a table cloth, and I may very well do that for my kitchen table inside!

But that seat cover your grandma (or godmother if that's what you meant) made for priceless. Put that wonderful seat cover in a frame to preserve it and perhaps hang it on your porch by the table. A lot of love for you had to go into it, even if it's not in perfect condition today. Not fussing at ya', just offering a suggestion. Maybe you could use bandanas as seat covers. I love what you've done on your beautiful porch! Great job!

I love your patchwork porch and I second the motion about the bandana tablecloth! I also second framing that lovely gift of love from your grama and using bandana's to make a seat cover. That would be really easy to sew two together and fill with your choice of stuffing :-) Thanks for sharing your creative idea!

Neat, very innovative. You gave me the idea to use the bandannas I have that I never use, think I'll make them into something that I can use. Maybe a blanket.

Thank you everyone.

The seat cushion you are worried about is never set in.There has not been one time since arranging my porch in this fashion that it has been used as a seat.It has been display ONLY the entire time.

I have plenty of seating without it.But that is a nice sentiment about framing it for displaying as wall art.I am considering it!

The table cover idea is a very old one that I don't remember where I first saw it or read it- I wouldn't doubt that it came from a woman's magazine.There's just really no way to find out for certain. Maybe I came up with the idea but I sort of doubt it LOL

I'm glad my input inspires some of you - that itself is a reward beyond words! Thanks!

Post pics to this thread if you do a similar project ! I'm sure people would love to see ! I also am curious.I know there is so much creativity in the world & especially this community that it nearly drives me to tears to see it at work in our lives & to be a small part of it really uplifts me.

My gMa would defiantly give all of you showing concern for her precious work a thumb up !

It defiantly is deserving as you say.

RE : grandma (or godmother if that's what you meant)

Here in Missouri we usually always refer to our mothers mother as "Grandma" (or gMa for short) or sometimes "Granny" or "NINI" (as my son called my mom due to not being able at first to say Grandma)

There's also "Nana". Also very formerly "Grandmother"

Then it can even more interestingly complicated when the Native American Indian (or "First Nations" folks) sides of the family call thier mom's mom by her "nicname" (or nic) I can't even remember some of those !

We don't have godmothers but I have known some godfathers & they seem very nice- I bet thats sorta cool !)

I love that tablecloth and can't wait to go around the dollar stores to see if I can find such colorful ones myself. Thank you.

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Outdoor DecorNovember 13, 2009
Screened Porch
Flooring a Screened Porch
Nine patch block and tools for quilting.
Making a Patchwork Quilt
Screened Porch
Winterizing a Screened Porch
Patchwork Skirt
Making a Patchwork Skirt