Tips for Shipping Packages

I live in Pennsylvania and often send packages through the United States Postal Service to Alaska. Because the packages travel a long distance, I want them to be secure. To make sure that the tape sticks well to the box, I use the top edge of a wood ruler and, using pressure, I drag the ruler across the direction of each strip of tape.

I usually line the box with a sturdy bag and insert the items being shipped along with my name and address. I fasten the bag securely. My way of thinking is if the box was accidentally damaged/opened and the addresses lost, the bag would hold up. I attach an address sticker to an index card and tape inside the bag.

This takes a bit more time in packaging but after getting some mailings lost forever during their long journey to Alaska, I tend to be more careful.

Most people suggest insuring the package. However, most of my mailings are small personal gifts for my grandchildren and to tell you the truth, they sometimes do not cost that much. Insuring packages can be very costly. If you ever send anything of value and do get it insured, be sure to save your receipt for the items in the package. The receipt is needed for reimbursement of the value of the lost items.

By mkymlp from NE PA / USA

Man Delivering a Fragile Package
Tips for Shipping Packages
Consumer Advice General AdviceApril 8, 2011
Fragile Label on Cardboard Shipping Box
Shipping Breakables
Hand Cart With Box That Reads Free Shipping
Saving Money on Shipping Charges
Care Packages for Troops
Sending Care Packages to Troops
Shipping Fruit
Shipping Fruit
🎄