Create a Scent Story

Whenever our family takes a trip, I make it a point to make a scent theme. For example when we traveled to Las Vegas, I had a coconut theme going with coconut shampoo, lotions, soaps, etc. I knew we would be wearing sunscreen and tanning oils which already have a coconut smell to them, so I just embellished that. Now whenever we smell coconut scents, we are immediately taken back to poolside at the Monte Carlo. Past scents have included pine, cedar, and other essential oils for trips to the forest and earthy scents for our desert trips.

You can also use a scent theme for the holidays. During Christmas time there is an essential oil available called "Scent of Christmas" I find it at Bristol Farms every year. I can't imagine a Christmas without it. Just one whiff from the bottle and voila, it's Christmas. You can use a few drops around the house, no burner needed.

Best wishes

By Ivy from Rancho Palos Verdes

Hi, I can't seem to find it on the internet. Help!

Mom Walking on the Beach with Daughter
Creating Childhood Memories
Organizing Memory TricksDecember 8, 2010
Family Working on Hanging Outdoor Christmas Lights
Hanging Outdoor Christmas Lights
Disney's Pocahontas
Making a Pocahontas Costume
Adding Scent to Old Potpourri, Dried Flowers in Container
Adding Scent to Old Potpourri
🎄