Party ThemesParties

Rock Concert Theme Party

For my 18th birthday I'm doing a rock concert theme, what kind of stuff should I get for it besides a fog machine?

Sylvia from Maryville, Tennessee

Here's what I'd suggest:

Have a "snack bar", strobe or multi-colored light machine,

loud music (of course), if small party- hand out rock band t-shirts, check out some websites for glow in the dark or flashing light items to decorate with, use blank cd's to decorate with and or compile a list of music that you will play that night and make your own cd's to hand out - make a cover with your picture and a title on the computer and print out (there are kits for this), come up with a theme drink (come up with a cool rock name - for instance for a party I'm going to throw when my house is finished being built, I'm going to serve a "Blueprint Martini" (blue colored, fruity martini), I'm not suggesting alcohol - you can come up with a cool non-alcoholic drink-look online

Good luck!

Flourescent glo-in-the-dark sticks from the dollar store, make up some laminated backstage passes to wear around your neck, some funky sunglasses, glitter from the dollar store, . . . Also, Oriental Trading Company (look it up online) has lots of funky stuff they sell in quantity--actually, you can find all of those things there if you have time to order.

I would have a lip-sync contest to rock-n- roll songs, with toy or blowup guitars, microphones & drum sticks. Let the kids pick their band mates. Or maybe an air-guitar championship. for prizes you can buy rock single from a music store for about $2 each Ask evryone to come in their favorite concert t-shirt.

Have fun.

4 decorations get blank cds and hang them from the ceiling. do kareoke or if the girls dont like 2 sing do lip singing . if u can maybe u could get a band 2 play. then also 4 decorations u could get inflatable guitars at the dollar store! good luck

For invitations get custom concert tickets made up. I just it it for my husbands 40th party.

I also got a cover band to play for the party. I also made backstage passes for everyone.

I read all of the feedback, but I am also wondering if there is a site to either order or find out how to make laminated backstage passes for a birthday party.

I googled printable backstage pass and came up with some web sites to buy them from although i would make my own. The laminate paper can be bought at walmart or any store that carries computer paper. If you know how to use your paint program you can snag pics from somewhere to use and type in your text, etc.

Well, me and my friends had fun playing that game... rock band, on playstation.