Starting an Interior Design Business

I have saved some money in the Indian market. I want to start a small interior design company. My plan is to open an interior design work shop. I don't know what is manufactured in this type of shop. Can someone give me some ideas on starting my own design business?

By salahudheen from india

First and foremost, you need to get licensed for the area you live in. You will need a business license and I recommend business insurance as well.

Next: use internet search engines such as google to find what others have done.

Get books from the library on starting your own business. Get books on interior design as well. Each step you take will give you more ideas on the next step to follow.

Are you talking about opening a small manufacturing shop? or are you planning to open a business that offers workshops in interior design? Just curious....:0)

In our country, interior designers also known as interior decorators go to homes of their customers and tell them how to decorate their homes for comfort and fashion. This is usually a costly experience that only rich people can afford. Interior designers show the homeowner what the house will look like when they are finished (through using a storyboard type drawing). Then, go out and purchase these items and hire professional painters and other workmen to come and do the work.

No shop is necessary for this type of business. So your post is confusing to those of us in the USA. People here make an office in their home and work out of that when they first set up shop.

Are you talking about fabric design? My son once worked at a silk mill and they had artists who designed the fabrics they made.