Garden Veggies

For a tasty side dish, saute some onion, green pepper and mushroom in some olive oil until nicely cooked and tender. Then toss in some chopped tomato and when the tomato is heated through (about 30 seconds) sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve immediately. Very tasty.

To make this a main course, toss in some sliced leftover chicken or beef about a minute before the tomatoes go in and serve with multi grain rolls, or on toast

Since I get most of the ingredients from my garden (I skip the mushrooms) and use staples (olive oil and Parmesan cheese) I already have on hand, this is a very frugal meal indeed!

Food and Recipes Recipes VegetablesSeptember 27, 2007
Black Ant on Leaf
Controlling Ants in the Vegetable Garden
Steamed Mixed Vegetables
Making Steamed Mixed Veggies
Tomatoes growing with blossom end rot.
Blossom End Rot on Vegetables
Frozen Veggies
Thawing Frozen Veggies