Dishwasher Leaving Dishes Dirty and Cloudy Looking

I have a nice dishwashing machine, but some of the dishes don't come clean after 2 or 3 times in the cycle. I don't understand why. It is especially in the glasses that seem to have some kind of "sandy" material on the sides and in the creases near to the bottom on the inside. The silverware is coming through looking cloudy and with bits of food still clinging to them.

This is "not" stuff going in on the items, as I rinse and sometimes wash the stuff before putting into the dishwasher. Any ideas on what could be causing this or how to fix the machine to stop this? Thank you!

By Deborah from Lebanon, ME

Answers

I'm having similar problems. There are new laws eliminating phosphates from dishwasher detergent. I believe they started back in July. The detergent manufacturer's haven't got a good solution yet. My dishes were coming out sparkling clean until I ran out of my old tabs and started using the new ones. I never used to "pre wash" anything and now I "pre wash" everything! I've since tried a few different brands, all with similar cloudy, dirty results.

Home and Garden Cleaning DishesJanuary 9, 2011
Interior of a full dishwasher.
Removing Hard Water Stains Inside Dishwasher
Replacing a Dishwasher
Replacing a Dishwasher
An open dishwasher full of clean dishes.
Fixing a Leaking Dishwasher
Open dishwasher.
Cleaning Dishwasher Rinse Agent Dispenser
🎄
🍂