Chile Juice for Garden Pests

I want to get the juice out of chilies so I can spray it on the plants to keep the pests away. How can I do that?

By Jim from Australia

Boil the peppers in water. Strain it then ad more water if needed. I do this with hot peppers. I also spray it around flowers & etc to keep other critters away, good luck.

When you are dealing with chilis, fresh or as powder you have to be aware you are exposing yourself and anyone in area [children] to a potential breathing problem or skin/eye irritation problem.

You could blend them with water and let sit, strain after some hours and use strained juice with a hose type sprayer, I wouldn't use them straight, you might burn your plants.

Easier and safer is to fill a spray bottle with water and put in a teaspoon of cayenne powder. Cap, shake, spray.

I'm with kffrm288. Boil or simmer the peppers in water to make a tea. Some folks like to run the peppers and some garlic together in the blender before steeping to make tea. Works on lots of critters, as you probably know.

I mix Tabasco sauce minced garlic and and vegetable oil put 3 tablespoon in a 3 gallon sprayer full of water and spray your plants, it also may be use to marinate your steaks you will be grilling this summer. The domenome