Keeping Chickens Out of Flower Beds

Any ideas on how to keep chickens out of the garden and flower beds? Last year they kept digging up new flower plants as quickly as I planted them. They dig them up and then lay in the hole they have dug.

By Margo from Ogden, UT

I was having the same problem with my neighbors chickens. I was reminded that my grandfather always used a couple rubber snakes and just re-arrange them every so often. I tried it and so far so good, the chickens stay away and the birds have not come to visit either.

Hi! I know most of you don't work at Mickey D's and may not have access to alot of coffee grounds but I use old coffee grounds to keep my chickens out of my flower beds. At first they went into them (maybe they thought they'd like it) but I haven't had a problem since the first or second time they tried it.

I tried using moth balls to keep my rabbits from eating my husband's small trees and found out that at least one chicken ate one. I cooked some eggs and noticed a distinctive flavor. It took awhile but I recognized it as mothballs! Luckily the customers that purchase our eggs didn't notice anything "off".

Chicken walking along side a flower bed
Keeping Chickens Out of Flower Beds
Home and Garden Pest Control BirdsMarch 16, 2010
multicolored flowerbed on a lawn
Preventing Weeds in Flower Beds
curved flower beds
Shaping Flower Beds
Pet chicken in the backyard.
Pet Chickens Information and Photos
A free range chicken on a farm.
Keeping Chickens Out of Your Garden
🎉
🎄