AdviceDogs

Dog is Eating Cat Poop

How do you get your dog to stop eating cat poop?

By Jimmy from Ireland

Simply put your cat box up on a table where the dog can't reach it! Problem solved! I have had cats and dogs all of my life, and this solution has never, ever failed me. And the cat will appreciate it too!

I also keep the cat's food dish on a separate table because dogs will eat the cat food too.

You can't stop them! If they have access to it, they'll eat it (disgusting, isn't it?)! We put up a baby gate that the cats can get under, but the dog can't, to keep our Golden Retriever from doing that.

My dog did the same thing and I solved the problem by using a covered litter box and setting it with the opening facing the wall. The cat had enough room to get in, but the dog had no access.

Just be glad you and your dog don't own a cow!