Browsing: Growing Morning Glory

Starting Morning Glories

I use Coke bottles, the small regular ones, to start morning glories. When the vine gets too long, I cut it off and put it in a Coke bottle with the top cut off. I then put a string through either end and attach it to a clothes line with a paper clip or twine. They are so pretty.

By Racer

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

I am a little confused. How do you first start the morning glories?

Do youy think they would grow indoors in a sunny window?

Sorry, just want some clarification. Are you starting the Morning Glories by seed, or do they grow roots from the vine cutting? Are you talking about a 2-liter bottle or a 12 oz bottle

I am starting from a cutting, which I found growing wild in my garden, but you could start from seed.

I have never started from seeds, but I plan to try it.....I also grow beans in coke bottles, the little ones...you could use the bigger bottles, I use them all the time too! OInce you start morning glories from a cutting, and they have roots, plant them in the ground and put a few rocks around them. Look up morning glories on the net if you are not sure what they look like, and also look up poison ivy oak and sumac to make sure you stay safely away from them, often they grow together in the wild!

I have lots of them on the sunny window just keeping them even after growing roots in water. Once you have one good vine, you will never be without. Cut off about a four inch cutting with at least two inches of the bottom with out leaves so it will not soil the water. EVery so often change the water, and they will grow like crazy!

They look just like golden pothos without the golden streaks in them and they produce the prettiest paper looking delicate flowers, it is well worth culrtivating them, I had a bare mailbox and put rocks around it, and then planted some not even really knowing what they were, I just liked them and was experimenting...I didnt want to pay for a plant at the store!

Picture please, I'm confused!

I am the official morning glory queen, i just love them!!! so don't the humming birds...

to start morning glories, because the seeds are so hard, you need to nick them slightly and then put them in water til you can see the roots emerge

if you mulch the earea where the seed s fall you may have volunteers next year.

I can't quite visualize the coke bottle process..

I want to start some Morning Glories and there are plenty of wild ones where I live. Do I just cut part of the vine and root it?

Purple Morning Glory
Growing Morning Glory
Home and Garden Gardening CuttingsSeptember 20, 2004
Blue and pinkish purple morning glory blooms.
Getting Rid of Morning Glory
Pregnant woman with morning sickness near bathroom sink
Morning Sickness Remedies
morning_glory_growing_slowly
Morning Glory Growing Slowly
beautifully designed kitchen
Starting an Interior Design Business
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 20, 2016 at 5:05:18 PM on 10.0.1.77 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.