Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Removing Wrinkles from a Plastic Tablecloth

I would like to know how to remove creases from a vinyl tablecloth?

By Alice from Russell, Manitoba, Canada

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Pat Phillips [2]09/20/2010

I usually put them in the clothes dryer on low with a damp wash cloth. The moist heat removes the wrinkles. It just takes a few minutes. Watch closely so you don't damage the cloth.

By Litter Gitter [91]09/17/2010

Put it in the dryer just for a few seconds, enough to warm it up good. It will soften the plastic and the wrinkles fall out.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Removing Wrinkles from a Plastic Tablecloth

How do you get creases or wrinkles out of a plastic tablecloth?

By houseboat

RE: Removing Wrinkles from a Plastic Tablecloth

Put it in the dryer just til it gets soft then take it out and fold it, or put immediately on the table. Don't forget it in the dryer or boy what a mess! Unfortunately, I know this from experience. (09/15/2006)

By carla bledsoe

You can put the plastic tablecloth in the dryer on low or delicate for about 3-5 minutes and the wrinkles will fall out. (09/15/2006)

By magic5

Put it in the dryer for a few minutes or hold a hair dryer over the wrinkles for a few minutes. (09/15/2006)

By PICO

No, don't put it in a dryer. I put mine in the dryer last night for one minute and it wriggled up into a ball. I had to hurry up and try to shake it out. Now I have a bunch of wrinkles. Lay it in the hot sun, or steam or lightly. I steamed my cloth tablecloth for the holidays right on the table. Or you can hang it out on the line and steam it with a hand held small steamer.

The Perfection steam cleaner works great. Put the cloth cover that comes with it over the 4 inch surface nozzle. Make sure you have something under to protect your wood table. I have another pad and a plastic table cloth on my table to begin with. Did it in 15 minutes. (10/31/2009)

By tippy520

How can I get wrinkles out of a new plastic tablecloth?

By Alma from Brewster, NY

Take a soaked washcloth and put the tablecloth in the dryer with it. Run it for about 7 minutes, then check and add more minutes as needed. I do this with my shower curtain after I wash it. It works. (02/05/2010)

By YORKIEPOO