Recycling Coffee Containers

Looking for ideas to reuse those nice Maxwell House coffee containers. How can I cover up the label? Thanks and God bless.

By Angolamom from Lewes, DE

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I know it's not Christmas yet, but save the coffee canisters for homemade goodies. Here's a website to make your own labels:

http://www.folg  oliday-canister/

I cut the top and bottom out og my coffee cans, then paint them, waterproof them (in auto section) poly them, and put them in my garden over flowers. It looks like a planter. If you cut top and bottoms off 3 cans, glue together, use contact paper to decorate-you have a toilet paper keeper. also-paint them, then I super glue them to workbench for brushes-also have put magnets on back of them and magnets on cellar door to hold odds and ends.

I use the 33 ounce ones for compost buckets or easy to manage cleaning buckets, with a sponge. I use the smaller ones in my tool caddy to separate various tools...screwdrivers, wrenches and such. One smaller one holds my pens. They are so handy and we are blocked only by our imagination! God bless.

I had my children paint them, and then cut a hole in the front and then cut a slit for a twig and we have wonderful bird houses. We made some for our next door neighbor and the kids painted them with her in mind. We use craft projects for christmas presents from the children. I think it is a good idea and helps their creativity grow. If you don't have kids around maybe check out near by schools for donating them, teachers love donated items for their classrooms.

Krylon paints now makes spray paint for plastics, and I think it's GREAT. I've painted everything plastic with it, including flower pots, plastic lawn furniture, even the parts of my birdbath/fountain. It covers well and holds up to wear and tear as well as the elemants of nature, and comes in several colors.

Pat T in Nevada, soon to be in Florida

You can cover the coffee container with a decorative shelf lining paper, a lot of them have an adhesive backing or look for wall paper with an adhesive backing. I use them to store flour, sugar, dry beans like Pinto, Navy, Northern and others. They are also good for dry food products like corn meal, cereal, pancake mix and a variety of other dry food products. I hope this helps. I have just recently started covering coffee canisters with shelf lining paper and it really looks good. No one would ever guess it was a recycled coffee container.

Better Living Green Living ReusingJune 1, 2009
Recycled Paper Envelope Finished
Making Recycling Fun
Coffe Maker
Cleaning a Drip Coffee Maker
Coffee Stain on Carpet
Removing a Coffee Stain from Carpet
cup of coffee
Making Coffee Without a Coffee Maker
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 11:20:06 AM on 10.0.1.155 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.