Jack (Rat Terrier)

Jack is a 13 year old Rat Terrier, adopted from shelter 8+ years ago. When I got Jack I had recently lost two lovable pets to liver cancer and decided I couldn't live without a companion. So, I went to our local animal shelter and searched. The moment I saw "Snoopy" (his original name), it was love at first sight. Jack was soooo proud walking out of the kennel with me. He has been my companion for over 10 years.

He is so fun to dress up! He likes to play with his toys, although he is getting old, and also sleeps alot. He also likes to surf! Jack is a big ham as you will see! He is a grumpy old man! He is also very loving and likes to lick and caress you with his eyes. In the AM he will take all the toys and throw them everywhere!

Jack smoozed me when I visited the shelter and still does today. He has a big heart (he has one on his right side) and accepts other dogs into his realm, but lets them know his territory, the leader of the pack.

By MaryEllen from Mounds, OK

Photos Pets DogsMarch 23, 2010
Pack rat collection
Organizing Tips for a Pack Rat
American Staffordshire Terrier
American Staffordshire Terrier Breed Information and Photos
Welsh Terrier
Welsh Terrier Breed Information
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Jack Sparrow Costume
🎄
🍂