Rat Terrier Breed Information and Photos

Category Dog Breeds
The Rat Terrier is an intelligent, feisty, loving pet. This page contains Rat Terrier breed information and photos.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this page.

Doc and Hoss are four years old. Doc, the Jack Russell, was a rescue puppy from some very drunk people at a bar. Hoss, the Rat Terrier, came to us by way of Craigslist, from some kids moving to Ohio that couldn't take him with them.

Jack Russel and Rat Terrier dogs standinog up in the branches of a large tree

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 14

Izzy Bella is a 9 month old Rat Terrier (Fiest). I got her on March 12th 2010 at 8 weeks old. She was a gift for my birthday from a friend, after my Panda (Japanese Chin) passed on after being together almost 15 years.

She catches on to commands very quickly. She loves to run and play with who ever will. She has 2 favorite toys the so far are indestructible. One is a ball that hides treats and the other is a doggy pacifier. Her favorite is riding in the car in her car seat. This is her first Halloween photo.

By Keeper

Izzy Bella (Rat Terrier)

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 29

Sarah is a 6 month old Rat Terrier. I got her from my mom on Christmas. She likes to play and run. She is really cute and small.

Sarah (Rat Terrier)

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 7

Taz is one and a half years old. He is a full Rat Terrier. I got Taz in 2009 for my birthday. Taz likes to go on walks, chase squirrels, play tug-o-war, and most of all, have his tummy rubbed!

Taz (Rat Terrier)

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 10

Lucy is 12 years old and a Rat Terrier. I rescued Lucy from a pet store in NY that was neglecting animals. It was truly love at first sight!

Lucy just loves to be wherever mom is. She loves to go for walks with her sister Angel and loves to swim.

Lucy (Rat Terrier)

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 10

Gonzo is 7 years old and a Rat Terrier. We got him when he was 6 months old. He loves to play and do tricks with the kids. He is a very lovable doggie. He loves for kids to baby him. They carry him around like a baby. He lets them dress him up, too cute!

Gonzo (Rat Terrier) in a costume.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 5

My daughter adopted Tippy from a shelter. She is an older dog (7 years) and they said there was less chance of her being adopted because of that, but my daughter loved her at first sight! Her cute little single pointing ear is how she got her name Tippy.

Little Tippy lying down on car seat

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 4

Little Bit is 2 years old. She is a toy Rat Terrier. I got her when she was 4 months old in the mountains.

She likes to sleep, but she is energetic. Little Bit loves bones, is very tough, and likes to bite.

small dog

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 7

This is our Rat Terrier, Sam. He's from just outside Chicago and is 4 months old. He's already made good friends with Riley, our Golden Retriever. They play quite a bit outside and inside, Sam tries to eat Riley's food when Riley's not looking.

Sam (Rat Terrier) and Riley (Golden Retriever)

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? Yes

Ginger is 4 years old and is a Miniature Rat Terrier. She was the Pet-of-the-Week and we saw her on the local news.

We called the animal shelter and told them that we would be perfect parents for her!

small dog

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? Yes

My puppy Corky when he was 5 weeks was the size of a shoe. He is a registered Rat Terrier that has grown to be 14 pounds at the age of 8 months. His favorite game is "tug of war" and "keep away" with his toys. He is the son we never had. Tommie is the cat shown in the picture. By Connie

puppy and cat

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? Yes

This is Corkey my rat terrier I received as a help in dealing with my diabetes. He keeps me active and is some one to cuddle on the bad days. A very lovable little fellow.

rat terrier

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? Yes

Izzy Bella (Rat Terrier)

Izzy Bella is a 11 week old (Jan.15,2010) Rat Terrier. I got her from a friend at 8 weeks.

Where do I begin? She still hops like a bunny and jumps like she has a built in pogo stick. She's definitely NOT a lap dog, yet! She knows the difference between her ball and stuffed baby. She's learning to give you her paw and walking on a leash. I gave up on "pee pads" a friend sent because the kitchen looked like it was snowing in March.

At night she sleeps in her bed in the kitchen w/o whining but during nap time she'll sleep w/her butt on my left shoulder and head down. Her favorite pastime is watching pet videos on YouTube. She cocks her head when dogs bark and hasn't figured out she can to.

We want to thank everyone who responded w/names for her. It was fun. Although I still miss Panda Bear deeply, I'm so happy I have Izzy to love for the next 14+ years also.

By Keeper

Answers:

Izzy Bella (Rat Terrier)

Welcome Izzy Bella. I know she will bring you many years of happiness, and love. (04/14/2010)

By ruth langdon

Izzy Bella (Rat Terrier)

LOL. You are going to have so much fun with Izzy Bella in the future. They sure are good company! Good luck with her.
(04/14/2010)

By Jane

Izzy Bella (Rat Terrier)

Oh my goodness, how cute! I will admit, I LOVE Terriers! Jacks and Rats are the best to me! How cute is she?! Give her a big ole hug from me and my three girls! (04/14/2010)

By Kim

She is not yet named, so far she answers to "No No!", but I'd like suggestions from ThriftyFun readers on the name.

Pets Dogs Dog BreedsApril 10, 2014
😷
🐛
📓
🌻
😎
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Rat-Terrier-Breed-Information-and-Photos.html