Trash Can Lid Bird Bath

You can make a bird bath with a trash can lid by turning it upside down and attaching it to the top of a pedestal. A short fence post works well for the pedestal and metal trash can lids seem to work the best for the bath. It's easier to attach the lid if you hacksaw off the handle. Decorate the lid with paint.

By ThriftyFun

My hubby first used a large pot saucer to make a bird feeder.And it wasn't big enough for all the birds it attracted. So he used a metel trash can lid for a feeder. It has rained on the seeds today. He'll have to clean them out and start over tomorrow. The old seeds will be put out to dry and thrown in the "Path Garden" for the bigger birds. My hubby first used a large pot saucer to make a bird feeder.And it wasn't big enough for all the birds it attracted. So he used a metel trash can lid for a feeder. It has rained on the seeds today. He'll have to clean them out and start over tomorrow. The old seeds will be put out to dry and thrown in the "Path Garden" for the bigger birds. GG Vi

Great idea. I like your tip about drying out the seeds as well. Two great tips.

I read a posting not long ago that said a cat was helping to clean up the birdseed that fell to the ground. Later, a man who works at the pet store said I could plant bird seeds in a little pot and my cat would love the greens. I'd like to ask someone else about this. Does anyone you know do that?

Thank you for sharing the tips GG Vi.

Pookarina