40th Birthday Gift Ideas for Women

I need gift ideas for my daughter's 40th birthday.

By Chris

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Best Answer

My girlfriends got together with my husband and kids and orchestrated a professional photo of the kids. It was such a wonderful gift. They all paid for the "sitting" even though it was one of those casual outdoors pictures and gave us a gift certificate to the photographer to help pay for the photo. They presented the proofs in an album at the party and let me choose. I was in tears and that photo 15 years later still hangs in the family room and reminds me of my wonderful girlfriends who planned it!

It would really help if you know what the woman in question likes. For a "girlie girl," a spa day or even just a hairdo, manicure or pedicure, depending on your cash situation might do the trick. For an athlete, sports equipment or a sports outing (tickets to a pro game or a visit to the local college or HS work.) If she collects, a new collectible item. If she loves dining out, maybe gift certificates to a new place she's mentioned, or a familiar one she hasn't been to lately.

My family knows my #1 shopping site and buy gift certificates for it. My latest one, I plan to splurge a little on a new item I found by surfing the site. Of course, there are also women who would prefer you just hand them a check or bit of cash, too. I never mind that kind of gift myself! :D

Burning candles shaped like the number 40 on a cake against a white background
40th Birthday Gift Ideas for Women
Holidays and Parties Gifts WomenMay 25, 2010
Fishing gear.
Making a Fishing Gift Basket
A cupcake with candles on it for a 40th birthday.
40th Birthday Party Ideas
Red Hatter
Red Hat Society Club Ideas
swiss army knife
40th Birthday Gift Ideas for Men
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 11:37:10 AM on 10.0.0.96 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.