Chicken Alfredo

This recipe is not 'gourmet' but it's quick, easy and tasty. I have made it for about four decades.

I use boxed PastaRoni (RiceaRoni sibling) but instead of following the boxed directions, I heat 1/2 cup milk and 3 tbls butter (no water because not using the water gives a far more tasty flavor and thicker sauce) in a saucepan while the pasta is cooking.

Then drain the pasta, (do not rinse) place it back in the pan, add the milk and butter sauce, stir and then stir in the packaged seasoning.

Then add one or two 3 oz cans of drained, diced chicken breasts and stir.

PS: Have tried Lipton Fettuccini and other packaged brands but PastaRoni is the best ;-)

Source: There was a request today for a Chicken Alfredo recipe and once I posted it, I thought, "Well, maybe also submit in the contest" ;-)

Both my parents worked long hours when I was growing up and, most of the time, I was on my own to cook so came up with this when I was in my mid-teens. Used leftover chicken back then but used the canned once it became available.

By Deeli from Richland, WA

September 10, 2008 Flag

Does anyone have a good recipe for Chicken Alfredo?

Debra from Hampton, Tenn

If you would like a from scratch recipe, this one sounds good:

By Deeli

Recipes For Chicken Alfredo

Grill a couple of chicken breasts. Meanwhile, place a jar of your favorite Alfredo on the stove (I use my wok pan), add some dried pepper flakes if desired. Boil a bag of frozen CHEESE tortellini--when nearly done add some broccoli(but you could add carrots or any other firm vegetable your family enjoys), drain and place in Alfredo sauce. Toss with sliced grilled chicken breasts. This is delicious., easy and FAST. If you grill a few extra breasts earlier in the week you can have dinner on the table in 15 minutes.

By Diana

Recipes For Chicken Alfredo

I have a great copycat recipe for Olive Garden's Chicken Alfredo

Olive Garden Alfredo Fettucine

• 8 oz Cream cheese -- cut in bits
  • 3/4 c Parmesan cheese -- grated
  • 1/2 c Butter or margarine
  • 1/2 c Milk
  • 8 oz Fettuccine; cook -- drain
  • Tyson chicken chunks

In large saucepan combine cream cheese, Parmesan, butter and milk, stirring constantly until smooth. Toss pasta lightly with sauce, and sprinkle with chicken coating well. Leftovers freeze well. (09/02/2008)

By karenskrafts

Recipes For Chicken Alfredo

To make chicken alfredo, I use the following "recipe."

Take 1/2 to 1 pound of boneless chicken, cut into strips and season with salt, pepper, and Italian seasonings. Saute the chicken in a large pan with olive oil or butter along with a couple tablespoons of minced onion and a clove or two of minced garlic. After it is browned, remove it from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside.

In pan that you cooked the chicken in, add 1/2 stick butter and a half pint heavy whipping cream. After butter melts, whisk in about 4 ounces of grated parmesan cheese. Using freshly grated cheese will make a smoother sauce than if you use the pre-grated cheese from the dairy aisle. Stir until cheese is melted and sauce is thickened, adding more cheese if needed. Season with pepper and (if you like it) a tiny pinch of garlic powder. I also often add a sprinkle of Italian seasonings.

Meanwhile, have pasta cooking so it will finish at about the same time as the sauce. When pasta is done, drain and toss with chicken and sauce. Serve immediately.

To re-heat leftovers, use a saucepan and gently increase heat while stirring. Add a bit of milk if necessary to thin the sauce back out. Re-heating in the microwave may make the butter separate from the sauce and can cause the cheese to clot up.

By Shawna

Recipes For Chicken Alfredo

Chicken Alfredo "cheat":

melted butter, sour cream, garlic, salt, white pepper, parm cheese, all to taste. A little whole milk or cream can thin it out or add richness. Toss in leftover chicken, sauteed veggies, serve over pasta or rice. (09/03/2008)

By U*u*U

Food and Recipes Recipes PastasSeptember 10, 2008
Fettuccine Alfredo on a blue and white plate.
Homemade Alfredo Sauce Recipes
Chicken a la King in puff pastry shell
Chicken A' La King Recipes
Chicken Broccoli Alfredo
Chicken Alfredo Recipes
Cute Little Girl in Chicken Costume
Making a Chicken Costume