MosquitoesPest Control

Use Dryer Sheets to Keep Pests Away

Keep a Bounce dryer sheet in your pocket to keep yellow jackets away and to repel mosquitoes.

By duckie-do from Cortez, CO

I do this and it really does work. It also works for those annoying gnats!

You must have pretty lame mosquitoes in Minnesota. Saskatchewan mosquitoes laugh at dryer sheets. And Avon Skin so Soft. And Listerine. The only thing that repels them are repellants with a high percentage of Deet, Thermocells, Off Lamps, and those Off belt clip repellants.

March 14, 2011 Flag

To keep skeeters away, tie a dryer sheet to your belt loop. It works great!

By Homesteadingmom from Cincinnati, OH

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

July 29, 2009 Flag

To keep bugs and mosquitoes from biting the life out of you, try rubbing yourself with dryer sheets (Bounce, etc.) and see how that works.

By avablue14 from Long Island, NY

Answers:

Use Dryer Sheets to Keep Mosquitoes Away

I don't see how that would work. Fabric sheets have a smell to them. Mosquitoes are drawn to scents that is why if you are going to be outside you should not wear cologne or anything with a scent. (07/10/2009)

By Teresa Kay

In response to Teresa: Actually mosquitoes are not drawn to scent or smells. It's usually our exhalation of carbon dioxide that attracts them in addition to our body heat. They are also attracted to moisture and lactic acid.

I cannot attest to whether dryer sheets work or not, but I've also heard that mouthwash in a spray bottle works as well. (07/10/2009)

By Kelly13

I have read this before and forgotten about it. Thanks for reminding me. I will be trying this maybe tonight. We sit outside quite a bit with our neighbors. (07/11/2009)

By jmz2005

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes