Urban Beekeeping

I have recently heard of urban beekeeping. I am wondering if any of you have tried this, or know of anyone who does? Would you please share experiences; good and bad of this venture? Thanks.

By Ms. Carmen

I am an active member of EarthLinks.org. here in the Denver,CO USA area. A non profit organization which empowers Denver's homeless and low-income persons through innovative and creative nature-related programs which builds social skills and community and provides pre-employment training. We have a organic vegetable garden and grow flowers. With the flowers we create bookmarks, flower vases using these flowers. We than have sales to sell our products.

This past summer we have decided to try a new project with a gravity-feed water tank, bee hive and worm beds. For more information about who we are and what else we do here is a link to us. www.EarthLinks-Colorado.org

I also included a website for you for more information on Urban Beekeeping.

http://www.honeybee.com/beeinfo.htm I hope this helps.

Urban Beekeeping
Urban Beekeeping
Consumer Advice General AdviceSeptember 9, 2009
Street Trees
Taking Care of Street Trees
Dallas Skyline
Dallas/Ft. Worth Frugal Travel Guide
Pet chicken in the backyard.
Pet Chickens Information and Photos
City With Elevated Lightrail
Good Places to Live Without a Car