Recycled Paper Pyramid

I opened a pen package today and was going to save the white board inside for signs, then realized they had little folds in the ends and the middle. Curiosity took over and I folded them, to find that they make a perfect little pyramid!

So, here are some possible uses that I thought of, and you can all get those wheels spinning and go from there...

Before you fold and tape it, use a darning needle and string some string through the very center of the middle line, tying a knot at the end. Then, turn it over and put stickers of whatever you like, or photos of celebrities, kids, friends, dogs, cats, etc. on the middle two sections. Fold it and tape it and hang it from a lamp edge or some place high. If you get several, or make a pattern out of the original and make a bunch out of poster board, you can have a neat mobile!

It's also cool for sitting on your computer top with photos on it.

Use it to hold up a recipe card on top of the box.

Use it for a temporary business card holder at a show or bazaar.

Cut it in half length wise and decorate each one as a bell for ornaments.

Enjoy!!

By Sandra from Salem OR

The shape is a triangular prism. A Pyramid has sides that are triangles, and only one base. This shape has triangular bases (two of them, even if it is not sitting on the base), and rectangular faces/sides. An ordinary box is a rectangular prism, because the bases are rectangles. Toblerone chocolate comes in a triangular prism box. The Pyramids are called that because that is the shape they are-- pyramids.

The math teacher in me couldn't resist this.

Am not being a smart Alec and mean this in all sincerity about the excellent Math instruction. In all fairness, 'visually' it depends on the angle one is viewing/thinking/associating ;-)

Sandra, what clever ideas you came up with and glad to see you are thinking outside of the box and giving others inspiration :-)

I am thinking of using your idea by gluing a magnet on one side, placing it on my refrigerator door and then sliding a mechanical pencil from that same package for easy access to write items on the grocery list :-) Thanks a bunch!

Hey, I did great in fractions and decimals, but you are right! Thanks, and no, I am not offended. Heck, I gently correct people on ebay all the time. I collect snails, and when I am searching, I find so many people think a turtle is a snail, so I am always helping the "snail challenged" sellers.

Thanks for the compliments and the help! Poor But Proud

Paper Tube
Uses for Paper Packaging
Crafts PaperSeptember 29, 2008
Square version of tree top.
Making Recycled Paper Mini Trees
Paper pieced quilt top, endless chains pattern.
Making a Paper Pieced Quilt
How To Recycle Paper
Making Recycled Paper
Saving Money on Toilet Paper
Saving Money on Toilet Paper
🎉
🎄