Inexpensive Homemade Graduation Gift Ideas

I have four graduates on my list this year. Can anyone help me with homemade gift ideas? I'm on a tight budget but would like to reward them with something useful and nice.

By suzieq71 from Horton, AL

Though not fully homemade, and I don't know how "inexpensive" it is; I think a tool kit is always a good gift for college bound kids. You could start with a plastic shoebox, and include a hammer, some screwdrivers, and a wrench. You might also include some of the "Command" adhesive hooks, some duct tape, and some white glue. The tools need not be "good" ones (as in: dollar store is OK). During move-in week, when someone is trying to assemble furniture or other dorm goods, your gift recipient will be the "hero" (or heroine) for having the tools needed.

If your budget is a little bigger; stores like Walmart have preassembled tool kits (in colors) for less than 20 dollars.

i would give a college graduate cash or a gift card even a gift card for gas would be nice.

I posted a similar question a few days ago and received an idea I'm going to use. I'm giving "Need Cookie" postcards. I'm making postcards that the graduate can mail to me when they want some homemade cookies. Do a quick search and you should be able to find the reply someone posted. This way your graduates can drop a postcard in the mail to you at some point through the next year letting you know they're ready to receive some homemade cookies. The postcard has a place for them to check a box to tell you what kind they want, or you can let them choose, or not. Have your address pre-printed on the card, but leave their's blank - you never know where they'll be in the next few months! Go ahead and put the postage on for them. I'm planning on adding a $10 bill with 3 of the postcards for each student - the cash will be called "milk money." Let me know if you don't find the original post with the graphic and I'll e-mail to you. CJirby at sbcglobal dot net. The cost to make homemade cookies is low (especially if you use the cake mix cookie recipe, which also travels well, and the postage cost won't be too bad with it being spread throughout the year.

What about making a no-sew blanket in their high school or college colors?

Graduation Gift
Frugal Graduation Gift Ideas
Holidays and Parties Gifts GraduationMay 18, 2009
8th Graders
8th Grade Graduation Party Ideas
Mini Graduation Cap
Making Mini Graduation Cap Party Favors
Gifts That Cost Nothing
Inexpensive Gift Ideas for Coworkers