Use a Vinyl Coupon Sorter for Receipts

I have a vinyl coupon sorter that is divided into categories (Grocery, Target, etc. and family members names and receipts awaiting reimbursement or rebates) Each time I purchase an item, I place the receipt in the corresponding file. Be sure to get into the regular habit of doing this or your file will cause you more aggravation than it is worth!

When I need to make a return or request a price adjustment the
receipt is available. About once a month, I empty the receipts in an envelope and save for about a month before shredding. Occasionally, I'll get to the grocery store without my coupons. When I get home, I match up my coupons with the receipt and have them redeemed the next time I am at the store.

I recently had a $20 price adjustment made on an I-POD Shuffle I had purchased for my daughters birthday. I took the receipt to the customer service area and asked for the adjustment. It netted me $20. YEA!

At Christmas I sort gift receipts by families and keep the file with me as we celebrate in the event someone needs to make an exchange or return. I also tape receipts to the lid of the gift box when shipping items to friends and family out of state.

Organization is the key to saving money!

By Diana from Prospect, KY

This is a great tip! I just put my receipts in a big magnetic clip on the frig, in date order but filing by type of receipt sounds even better! I had one of those very kinds of plastic coupon organizer which I did not like for coupons so I got rid of it....darn it! They are cheap tho so I think I'll buy another and use for receipts.

I didn't know you could redeem a coupon at a later date. I have forgotten my coupons before as well. YOu mean you can take your receipt and the coupon in to a store later?

A bunch of coupons cut out of ads in the newspaper.
Organizing Coupons
Organizing Clutter ControlMarch 31, 2008
abstract tree wall decal
Making Vinyl Wall Decals
Cleaning a Vinyl Record
Cleaning Vinyl Records
Toddler Pom Pom Sorter
Making a Toddler Pom Pom Sorter
🎄