Toilet Keeps Getting Rust Spots

In one of my bathrooms I have a commode that gets two rust spots in the same place, all the time, even on the very rare times that I have gotten rid of them. It is a brand new toilet. The really weird thing is that the new toilet gets the rust stains in exactly the same place as the old toilet did. How weird is that?

I've tried a lot of things: CLR, special rust free products, Comet, toilet wands, Greased Lightening. Anyone with a wonderful idea? Thanks so much!

It may be a mineral stain. The water causes the minerals to flow to certain spots where they seem to settle. Try using a pumice stone that you can find in the cleaning supply departments along with dish washer detergent and so forth. I use one on my toilet without it hurting the porcelaine.

I use a product called the Works. Wal-Mart carries it and it is cheap compared to the other toilet cleaners. Drain out as much water as possible and pour in some of the Works. Let it set and brush the rust away.

Half a lemon is good on rust, but if the stain is in the bowl, oh well.

The Magig Eraser (or better yet the store brand) takes rust off of everything thing I have tried it on including the bathtub from the shaving cream can. Not sure how to keep it from coming back unless you try the bleach toilet drop ins. Good luck!

Make sure the two bolts holding the tank to the bowl are not steel. Brass ones will not rust or deposit a rust stain on the floor. That may be why the stains are always in the same place.

I have dealt with iron in my water for years and have found that SnoBol brand toilet cleaner will get rust off. The rust will come back though and you will have to clean again. I would not recommend that it be used on chrome fixtures. I will ruin the finish. I hope this helps.

Removing Rust Stains from Toilets
Removing Rust Stains from Toilets
Home and Garden Cleaning BathroomOctober 22, 2008
Toilet Brush Head
Toilet Brush Head Stuck in Toilet
Rust and Peeling Blue Paint on Car
Removing Rust from a Car or Truck
Cleaning Rust off of Metal
Removing Rust from Metal
Saving Money on Toilet Paper
Saving Money on Toilet Paper
🎄