Use Vaseline for Young Looking Skin

Category Skin Care
Vaseline, when used in moderation, can help keep your skin moisturized which will aid in reducing the appearance of wrinkles. This is a guide about use vaseline for young looking skin.

I have a friend who uses Vaseline on her face every night and has for many years, and she has very young looking skin. I'm trying that Moisture Therapy Intensive hand cream on my face and it seems to work. It's from Avon. I've heard also that some famous people also use Vaseline on their faces. Anything to ward off wrinkles is great!

By Mommashell39 from Hemet, CA

While I would never have plastic surgery either, I also am an oudoor type person and cannot stay out of the sun! Although I do wear sunscreen, I think a lot of us would still like to try things that may help us put off looking older. People certainly have used worse products than vaseline to accomplish this! Besides, how many posts have there been about using Vaseline on rough hands and feet?

Several years ago my aunt died at 96. Not many wrinkles at all. She always stayed out of the sun and used Ponds Cold Cream on her face every night.

Great looking lady she was.

I have been using this method for years. I'm 63 now, and my hubby is very happy the way I am aging. I use a very little bit before bed so as not to get it on the bedding. also girls when applying anything (very gently) use up and out strokes, starting at neck, and bring it up under chin, under eyes close to eyes, bring out toward your temples, for the forehead, start at bridge of nose up and out toward ears. Hope I explained right. You will see the results very quickly.

Oh, this is lgintrnj again, I forgot to tell you to be sure to wash face in the morning. My skin type is normal.

Vaseline is the best & cheapest eye make up remover! I just wet a cotton ball or cotton square a little first so I don't get the fuzzies in my eyes, then swipe it into the vaseline & remove my eye makeup. I usually wash my face afterwords as it leaves my skin a little oily, but it washes right off :)

Tyra Banks uses vaseline on her face every night. She said that in one of her shows that I watched. My grandmother always did yoo and she was beautiful. I use it every night on my face in the Wintertime. In FL, I don't really feel the need for it in Summer.

You can buy vitamin e face cream at the dollar store, and apply it every night before you go to bed. It's just as good as the expensive stuff.

I use it. I'm 57. My sisters are 2 years and 6 years younger. I have very few lines around my eyes and they have lots. We have spent about the same amount of time out in the sun over the years and live in South Texas. The only thing I can attribute it to is Vaseline around my eyes for 30+ years.

The only two things I use on my face is cold cream and Vaseline. In the morning, I slather on Jergens face cream and tissue it off, at night, I slather on Jergens face cream and tissue it off and apply a thin layer of Vaseline on my face. I wake up with clear, refreshed, dewy skin. I repeat this process every single day. My 63 yr old grandmother has the clearest, softest skin with no wrinkles and this is her secret. While water is a wonderful resource, it can be very drying to the skin. It is very rare for me to use any water in cleansing my face and by rare I mean at least once a month. Sound gross? I have no acne, no pimples, no blackheads. Just clear skin.

I understand everyone wants to ward off wrinkles as much as possible, however please keep in mind that Vasaline "Petroleum" Jelly has that name for a reason... it is from a petroleum base. Not safe to use on your skin! For those who claim to use this product on their face for years, you have been fortunate that you have not had any side affects or skin cancer! I only use natural base creams on my face as much as possible.