Use Flour To Keep Pests Off Roses

Don't like all those chemical dusting to put on flowers to keep the bugs away? Use plain flour instead. Just dust it on roses and etc., and it works well to rid plants of bugs. Flour makes it almost impossible for the insects to breath. Happy Gardening!

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

Thanks a bunch for that tip! I sent it on to all of my friends and relatives. Thanks for sharing and God bless you.

Every year I have a major problem with aphids on my tomatoes. Do you think this would work for them?

Same question--would a fine dusting of flour help ANY flowering plant? Or vegetables?

Nasturtium planted a few feet away from tomatoes or other plants will "attract" the aphids away from them. Another "old farmer" trick to attact bees for pollination is to plant marigolds here and there.

Comment

A rose bush growing in a yard.
Growing Roses
Home and Garden Gardening Pest ControlApril 23, 2008
Pink rose with bumble bee.
Growing Roses in Hot Weather
Rose hips on rough wood background.
Growing Roses from Seed
Closeup of Lavender Rose
Starting Roses from Cuttings
Heart of a pink rose.
Growing Roses in a Tropical Climate
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 25, 2016 at 2:19:29 PM on 10.0.0.131 in 982 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.