Use Teething Gel for Minor Injuries

contest winner icon

I recently burned the heck out of my finger while using hot glue for a project in my daughter's room. The pain was horrendous so I found some baby Oragel and put that on my burn. It immediately stopped the pain. The doctor only prescribed something to make it heal faster. When I asked him if I could continue using the baby Oragel, he said "sure!"

I would imagine it could also be used for bug bites, minor cuts or scrapes too!

By liknmylife from Shelbyville, KY

Teething gel is also helpful for when removing splinters. Put a little on before trying to pluck the splinter out. It numbs the area quite nicely.

I've got a bug bite on one of my toes that's been driving me crazy for the past few days. Just tried this. While it did not completely take the itch away, it certainly did dull it A LOT. I'll remember this one! THANKS!

Great to know!

May 4, 2010 Flag

Out of desperation one day when my child got hurt, I needed a way to ease the pain of a cut. After speaking with the pediatric nurse, I discovered the additional uses of teething gel (Orajel). We use it on cuts, scrapes, burns, etc. to ease the initial pain. I have come to find it works wonderfully and doesn't sting.

Of course, it shouldn't be used for all injuries, but it works great and doesn't rinse off if cleaning out a wound. Long gone are the days of tears and fighting to clean out a wound.

By Cheryl from Lafayette, IN

Answers:

Use Teething Gel for Minor Cuts

That's a great idea. I use Orajel on my eyebrows before I pluck them (I'm a sissy). (10/08/2009)

By cancun92

Health & Beauty Home RemediesMay 4, 2010
Hand Scooping Out Homemade Hair Gel
Homemade Hair Gel Recipes
A cute black puppy chewing on its owners finger.
Teething Advice for Puppies
Teething Kitten
Teething Kitten Advice
Man putting Ice Pack on his Shoulder
Preventing Repetitive Stress Injuries
🎄