My dog ate some cedar chips. He is not sick, but he will not eat any food at all. He is drinking water though.
By Red from Blandburg, PA
I would recommend checking out the ASPCA website for toxic and non toxic plants to animals.
I am jot sure about the toxicity of cedar chips, but your dog cannot digest wood. You should see your vet right away.
Go to the Hospital ASAP! Cedar Chips are toxic. Also, there are foreign objects in your dog's system.
According to this link, cedar chips aren't toxic: http://www.gardenguides.com/90209-cedar-mulch-dogs.html
But, and it's a big but, they can cause vomiting and/or loose stools, and because they're usually cut in fair-sized chips, they can cause intestinal blockages.
I'd swing by the vet ASAP just to be on the safe side.
Mulch that is immediately toxic is cocoa mulch, it contains theobromide, the same stuff that's in cocoa and makes chocolate an unsafe substance for dogs to eat.
According to the ASPCA list of toxic plants, cedar is NOT toxic. If you are ever in doubt of something your pet has gotten into, check this site:
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!