Looking for Inexpensive Table Cloths

Where can I rent/ buy burgundy round or square table cloths tomorrow in the Richmond area?

By Eddy from VA

Walmart has inexpensive sheets. The twin size is around $3 per sheet. I've used them to make window valences and for tablecloths. They come in a lot of solid colors including pink, blue, white, ivory, red, tan, black, etc. To use as a tablecloth - cut to size. Remove the hemmed edges and put in a 3/4" hem on all sides. Then press them using spray starch so they will be nice and crisp. If you want to top them with netting, watch the ads for JoAnn's.

Either use their coupon or wait until the netting goes on for 50% off - especially around prom time. Use a coordinating color. You can scallop the edges or leave plain. For fun you can sprinkle glitter or small silk flowers or petals on the sheet before topping it with the netting. I married off three daughters on a budget. If you have questions about cheap but nice weddings, just ask.

January 16, 2010 Flag

Does anyone know where to rent or buy inexpensive table cloths for a wedding in August 2009?

By mom of groom from San Luis Obispo

Answers:

Looking for Inexpensive Table Cloths

Depending upon your colors, check your local thrift stores for solid color flat sheets. After the wedding, if you are handy, you can make curtains or other fabric accents for your home and keep the memory. (06/20/2009)

By GaJan

Looking for Inexpensive Table Cloths

From the 70s, after the sheets (which you may be able to dye for a particular color. Find a discount fabric store and buy scads of netting. I put inexpensive wide ribbon on the edges for a "hem", colored to your choice. All of which can be reused. Good luck and try to have fun. (06/20/2009)

By 2oma

Looking for Inexpensive Table Cloths

For rental, look under Linen Supply Services in your local yellow pages. If you want to purchase, you could ask the manager at a Penney's, Target, etc. if they would be willing to give you a discount for purchasing in bulk.

No matter what you decide, take the time to find exactly what you want at each place, price and get the best deal you can. Oh, and everything in writing so you will know/be guaranteed you'll receive what you order on time. (06/20/2009)

By Deeli

June 18, 2009 Flag

I'm a first time user. I like the site because of the great responses I have read from others, and maybe someone can help me. Does anyone have an inexpensive way to cover 10 ft tables other than paying a $16-$18 rental fee? We are going to celebrate 25 years of a community festival and the dinner/dance is being held in a union hall.

Marvin from St. Paul, MN

Answers:

Looking for Inexpensive Table Cloths

When I ran a fair in my home town, I went to a paper milling company and explained to upper management what we were doing and asked him if we could buy a large roll of paper. It cost us $50 but we covered lots of tables, for 3 years (!), and we still have some left! Lay it on the table, cut it long enough so you can tape it to the underside of the table, and then wash it with Poster Paints, which are available at most Dollar Stores. We did a rainbow hue color scheme one year, a nature hue scheme the next year, and a "hand print" scheme the next year, get creative! This year we're doing a water theme; painting lakes, waterfalls, and icebergs onto the paper. It's easy, fun, and gets all the families involved!

Or you can buy plastic table cloths from the dollar store but the paper is recyclable and environmentally friendly. Would love to see pictures of your event posted! (06/19/2008)

By Katastrofy

Looking for Inexpensive Table Cloths

Have you thought about using sheets? Try your local thrift store for some good bargains on all size sheets.
(06/19/2008)

By bluealt

Looking for Inexpensive Table Cloths

The local newspaper here used to sell what they call "end roll". Call & ask to speak to someone about it and that you aren't sure what dept it is right off hand. We used to get them for $2. (06/19/2008)

By melody_yesterday

Looking for Inexpensive Table Cloths

If you want fabric tablecloths rather than paper, try fabric outlet stores. If you don't shop for fabric ask someone who does and he or she can probably tell you the best ones or where one is. In a pinch go by Wal-mart, though I understand they aren't carrying fabric much anymore. One yard is three feet, so four yards at 1-2.00 a yard would give you a good overhang, be less than the rentals and you would have the fabric left-over to either re-use or donate to someone who could use it.

Solids might suit you best, but take a look at what is available. You probably want to stay with cotton or cotton blends--polyester maybe, but no knits. They'll sag all over the place. Good luck. (06/19/2008)

By tennesue

Looking for Inexpensive Table Cloths

Contact a local restaurant that has linen tablecloths or just linen napkins. Ask if they will order your tablecloths from their supplier. Generally the cost is 50- 75 cents each. The supplier will be happy to make their loyal restaurant customer happy and you will of course spread the word about how wonderful the restaurant is. It is a win win.
(06/20/2008)

By momandmurray

Looking for Inexpensive Table Cloths

Real Cheap - I bought plastic tablecloths in that size at the Dollar Store. They come in all colors and look fine once decorated. $1.00 a piece. I have used more than once. (06/21/2008)

By mulberry204

June 18, 2008 Flag
Click to read more ideas from older posts on ThriftyFun.
Holidays and Parties Parties DecorationsJanuary 16, 2010
Burping Baby
Making Burp Cloths for Infants
Woman Polishing a Piece of Silver
Homemade Silver Polishing Cloths
Recycled Dish Cloths
Making Your Own Recycled Dish Cloths
White changing table with drawers below.
Uses for a Baby Changing Table
🎉
🎄