Best Dye for Fondant

For fondant, what is better to use for dye? Powdered or gel/water? Does anyone know how much it costs?

By Loverchangsta

I prefer gel dyes. The colors are more vibrant. (Use toothpick to "pluck" out some of the gel and then add into whatever you are coloring, you can't much pour it). It is not as cheap, but it lasts forever and goes a long way. I haven't purchased any lately, but I would imagine you can get a package of gel dyes for under $10. You are going to need to get them at a speciality type store, most grocery stores do not carry them.

I just bought some gel dies this week. Michael's in Canada sells them $3 each Canadian dollars. I am a great fan of the marshmallow fondant as its so cheep and easy to use and tastes great. There are many sites that give a recipe but its basically melt the marshmallows and add icing sugar.

I am attaching photos of two cakes that I made yesterday for Christmas.

It's a barbie doll in a circle of cake. This marshmallow fondant is a lot of fun!

Ok then, well thanks for replying! ^^

You can use the liquid drops, paste, or gel dyes. Wilton cake decorating has a variety of kinds of dyes you can order.

Food and Recipes Food Tips Baking CakesDecember 22, 2010
Cake covered in fondant.
Making Homemade Fondant
Fondant cake.
Decorating Cakes With Fondant
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink