Share Crafts

Making Country Primitive Crafts

I am looking for any primitive or country style wreath ideas.

By Crystal from Zebulon, NC

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By Melinda Ragsdale 1 2 10/29/2010

I made a pinecone wreath years ago. It lasted for years. I had a wire wreath bought at a craft store and wired each pinecone onto it. You can do just about anything with one of those frames. You can put fresh anything onto it. If you don't want to buy one, you can always make some kind of shape out of wire clothes hangers. Wire, hot glue and whatever you want to add.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the comments that were provided then.

Archive: Making Country Primitive Crafts

I am interested in making some country primitive crafts. I have some extra glass jars, coffee cans, and baskets. Do you have any ideas for these items?

By Michelle N.

RE: Making Country Primitive Crafts

FYI,1793,HGTV_3353_1375743,00.html (07/06/2008)

RE: Making Country Primitive Crafts

I've made collages inside of jars that work really well. I leave some of the items loose inside so they can move around, and each one has a theme. Like one that is filled with fake pearls is labeled "Not to be used for pigs." Just do your jars with the primitive craft style. I'm really pleased you are using household trash! I make my art work, and theater props from them and save a whole lot of cash, plus produce work that is more interesting.

By Londa

RE: Making Country Primitive Crafts

My great-aunt showed me what to do with my collection of old mason jars. They make perfect holders for all your black/white family pictures. Lined up on shelves they create a great conversation piece for family members to "remember when". (07/07/2008)

By Nelda