Turning a Porch Into a Sunroom

I had an idea to covert our porch into a temporary sunroom by screening it. Can you make roman shades with screen material to raise and lower? Anyone have any ideas? I can't afford to pay to screen it in.

Wichypoo from Winona, WV

I don't know about shades but I once lived in an apartment that had screen stretched across the windows & stapled in place. There were lattice strips nailed over to hide the connection that were painted to match the window. None of those items should be too expensive & it looked great!

Why don't you just get the bamboo or vinyl roll up shades that attach to the top part of your porch with hooks? You can raise or lower them with the sun and they give you privacy. I've never seen screening done this way, but maybe they are available too and you could just tack them when they are fully opened if you want to keep out the bugs.

You might want to check out "shade screening" at one of the large home improvement stores in your area. It comes in very wide widths and would be perfect for your project.

Home and Garden Home Improvement Outdoor StructuresApril 27, 2006
Screened Porch
Flooring a Screened Porch
Screened Porch
Winterizing a Screened Porch
Wicker chair in a sunroom.
Decorating a Sunroom
Neighborhood Cat On Porch
Keeping Neighborhood Cats Off Porch
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 22, 2017 at 9:31:26 AM on 10.0.1.11 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.