Where do hedgeapples grow in Nebraska?

Where do hedgeapples grow in Nebraska? My daughter and I scavenged a bunch in Kansas at a rest stop but they are getting old. They really work for spiders and other critters.

Mrsmendlebright from Kearney, NE

I'm in Nebraska but doubt that you want to drive to Beatrice to get any. Have gotten them when we lived in St. Paul too. I would call the UNL extension office in Kearney and they might be able to help you out.

I live in Hastings NE and can find them out in the country in quite a few places. Hedgeapples are also called Osage Oranges.

If you take the DLD road south of the Hastings Regional Center, you'll be able to find a row of Osage Orange trees on the south side of the road.

The oranges won't be ready however, until sometime after July.

thank you...I go to hastings ever once in a while

Home and Garden Gardening Pest ControlMay 10, 2007
Potted Philodendron
Houseplants That Are Easy to Grow
Peaches Growing on a Tree with Blue Sky in Background
Growing Peaches
growing snap dragons from seed
Growing Flowers from Seed
Photo of a homemade hot pocket.
Runza (Hot Pocket) Recipes