Check Out Your Local Joblink

With the jobless rate soaring and the media reporting only the bad news, it's easy to get depressed if you are looking for a job. My husband and I have both been in the job search for over a year and the one thing that has made a huge difference in our attitudes and job searching abilities is the local Joblink.

This resource is amazing. Besides having the inside scoop to many job listings, the Joblink provides resume assistance, computers, fax machines, copiers, phones, books, classes, and job fairs all for free. But the number one resource is SUPPORT! We both attend a job club every week and the networking and support that it provides is unmatched.

And when you find a job (like my husband just did), the people there are genuinely happy for you. You can find your local Job Link through the unemployment website or online. If you are unemployed for any reason, get a positive support system in place first, it can save your life.

By Patricia from Cocoa, FL

Editor's Note: There appears to be Job Links associated with many of the state governments. If you don't have a Job Link in your area, check your State's website to see what other unemployment resources they might have available.

I heard this on t v a few days ago, if you want a job go to,"usajobs.gov". It's online, good luck.

I'm pretty sure all county Department of Jobs and Family Services offices have job search centers, too. Ours (in Clark County, Ohio) is the Work Plus Center.