Share Crafts
Ask
Share
Newsletter
Account
About

Attaching Seashells to Plywood

0EmailPrintFollowSave

How do I prepare plywood to attach seashells to it and what type of adhesive (glue) can I use? Also, what kind of glue should I use to attach shells to shells?

Aida from Harrison, NY

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By Lauren 6 07/13/2006 Flag

I dont really know what you mean by preparing the plywood. Of course you want to make sure it's clean and free of debris and dust, which can be done with a damp cloth. As for attaching the seashells, I've found that hot glue is by far the most versitile and reliable glue there is. If you don't have a hot glue gun, GET ONE! There are about 15-20 bucks for a set. You'll be amazed the amount of household uses it has! Of course, you wanna make sure that the seashells are also clean so they adhere best.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Diana (Guest Post) 07/19/2006 Flag

I use E-6000

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By LYNDA (Guest Post) 08/05/2006 Flag

Hot glue is good for the backs. Clear Liquid Nails is good, too, for inbetween them. I've had bad luck with the hot glue stringing from item to item, so I went back to the best clear glue and use hor-d'orve
toothpicks and ice cream sticks. It dries super fast and works on most anything in the world. Good luck and God bless.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Stefan 3 02/10/2008 Flag

For me, a hot glue gun works best. Yes, there can be stringing, but little mistakes can easily be corrected and the glue can be removed easily from most surfaces. Check out some great examples of shell craft done with glue guns at www.FloridaShellsAndGifts.com

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes