Attaching Seashells to Plywood - Categories:

NatureCrafts

Attaching Seashells to Plywood

How do I prepare plywood to attach seashells to it and what type of adhesive (glue) can I use? Also, what kind of glue should I use to attach shells to shells?

Aida from Harrison, NY

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

I dont really know what you mean by preparing the plywood. Of course you want to make sure it's clean and free of debris and dust, which can be done with a damp cloth. As for attaching the seashells, I've found that hot glue is by far the most versitile and reliable glue there is. If you don't have a hot glue gun, GET ONE! There are about 15-20 bucks for a set. You'll be amazed the amount of household uses it has! Of course, you wanna make sure that the seashells are also clean so they adhere best.

I use E-6000

Hot glue is good for the backs. Clear Liquid Nails is good, too, for inbetween them. I've had bad luck with the hot glue stringing from item to item, so I went back to the best clear glue and use hor-d'orve

toothpicks and ice cream sticks. It dries super fast and works on most anything in the world. Good luck and God bless.

For me, a hot glue gun works best. Yes, there can be stringing, but little mistakes can easily be corrected and the glue can be removed easily from most surfaces. Check out some great examples of shell craft done with glue guns at www.FloridaShellsAndGifts.com

Crafts NatureJuly 13, 2006
Metal Door
Attaching a Curtain Rod to a Metal Door
sewing machine
Attaching a Zipper Foot
Clean Seashells
Cleaning Seashells
Sanding an oak plywood cabinet.
Restoring Plywood Furniture
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 22, 2016 at 9:24:15 AM on 10.0.1.157 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.