Attaching Seashells to Plywood

If you crafting with seashells there may be a need to adhere them to wood or other materials. This is a guide about attaching seashells to plywood.

How do I prepare plywood to attach seashells to it and what type of adhesive (glue) can I use? Also, what kind of glue should I use to attach shells to shells?

Aida from Harrison, NY

Best Answer

I use E-6000

Best Answer

For me, a hot glue gun works best. Yes, there can be stringing, but little mistakes can easily be corrected and the glue can be removed easily from most surfaces.

I dont really know what you mean by preparing the plywood. Of course you want to make sure it's clean and free of debris and dust, which can be done with a damp cloth. As for attaching the seashells, I've found that hot glue is by far the most versitile and reliable glue there is. If you don't have a hot glue gun, GET ONE! There are about 15-20 bucks for a set. You'll be amazed the amount of household uses it has! Of course, you wanna make sure that the seashells are also clean so they adhere best.

Hot glue is good for the backs. Clear Liquid Nails is good, too, for inbetween them. I've had bad luck with the hot glue stringing from item to item, so I went back to the best clear glue and use hor-d'orve

toothpicks and ice cream sticks. It dries super fast and works on most anything in the world. Good luck and God bless.