Weatherproof Adhesive for Glueing Seashells to Wood

What adhesive is best to use for securing sea shells to a board that stands up against the weather? Also, can the project then be sealed with polyurethane or something?

You can use melt E-6000 adhesive. You can seal the board as well, if you wish.

Waterproof construction adhesive. It comes in clear and white, some brands, in natural colors.

There are two part epoxies that work, but they smell dreadful and need to be used very quickly for the best results. When I used them I had to do it outside or it made me cough, but I am very sensitive to smells.

If you still have a mom and pop hardware store around, they can give you instructions if you have not worked with it before. If you use that, there should not be a need to seal it, unless you want to seal the wood first and then glue the shells on.

The hardware store folks can give you the best thing to seal wood also. Its been years since I have done that kind of work and I think I used a spray on seal....but they probably don't make it any more. Sadly most of the products I used to use when I redid furniture and such have all been banned or changed because they were poison. Who knew right! Scary but true!