Use Paint Swatches As Bookmarks

Paint Swatches make great bookmarks. When I'm at the hardware store I pickup a stack of paint swatches, so I know I will never be without my bookmark again!

By Kerry from Flat Rock, MI

Yes, when I am trying to find the right color I always REUSE my old paint chips for bookmarks. I had the same idea to just go in and take them, but my husband(whom I taught to be green) reminded me that it can be wasteful since they wouid have to refill the chips and drives up the price of paint. I know this is "thrify fun" not "thrifty green fun" but I like to think that saving money and saving the planet go hand in hand.

I use gum wrappers and corners of envelopes for book marks. I have quite an impressive collection of bookmarks which I don't use. Some of them are very old and I don't trust myself to remove them before returning the books to the library.

Anonymous

Hope you're only taking one or two and re-use them until they're completey worn and maybe even then try to use for another project if possible ...

Ask before taking if the store might have some swatches of discontinued colors first that they might be throwing away ... Even ask if the store minds if you take a few 'current' samples for uses other than for color choices to buy paint ...

It's good to be frugal but what might be 'free to you' costs the store, future purchases, trees, environment ...

Also, unless the card games you play need a joker, you could always use the jokers as a bookmark :-)