Getting Rid of Red Ants in the Lawn

What is the best way to get rid of red aunts in your lawn?

By Dan from Vanceboro, NC

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I use dawn detergent and hot, hot water. We have many red ant piles around, especially after it rains. So, I take my dawn detergent and squirt it thoroughly over the ant piles, then I get a gallon pitcher of hot water and pour it on top of the ants. They die very soon. If they don't all die, repeat the process in a day or so.

Home and Garden Pest Control AntsJanuary 7, 2010
Ants on a Trumpet Vine
Keeping Ants Off a Trumpet Vine
Glass of Red Wine Spilled on Carpet
Removing Red Wine Stains from Carpet
Clump of sod with dirt in the background.
Getting Rid of Lawn
Flying ant on a white background.
Getting Rid of Flying Ants
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 1:32:42 PM on 10.0.1.211 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.