Browsing: Keeping Snakes Out of a Garden

Keeping Snakes Out of My Garden

Why are there snakes in my garden? I love landscaping and enjoy staying in my garden planting and more, but since I saw the first snake a year ago I am very nervous.

Every week I find a snake in my garden front and or back yard. So, why that happen? I want to retake my garden work, but I am scared. Usually I find a black snake about 12 inches and yesterday I found a ringsnake, very small, in front of my door. Help please.

By Dorysi from Coral Springs, FL

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

You will feel better when you Google and identify what snakes these are. Most are doing good things like eating bugs. Are there poisonous snakes in your area? Ask neighbors. Learn to identify poison snakes that may be in your area. Sure they need to be killed or removed. The others are probably helping you and your garden and you needn't have such a dislike. Study to understand. It helps the fear.

The easiest way to get rid of snakes is to put moth balls out and around the garden that you speak of. Moth balls are toxic to snakes and they will stay away!

Garter snake peeking out from under a strawberry plant leaf
Keeping Snakes Out of a Garden
Home and Garden Pest Control SnakesAugust 20, 2010
Florida pine snake
Identifying Florida Snakes
Snake
Deterring Snakes
A garter snake in grass.
Getting Rid of Garter Snakes
Eastern Garter Snake
The Benefits of Garden Snakes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 22, 2016 at 8:09:25 AM on 10.0.2.7 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.