HealthDogs

Why Is My Dog Limping?

Category Health

I have a one year old Labrador. She has been such a cute little friend through out but recently I have been noticing that she has started limping almost after every month or so. This limping is not on a particular leg, the strange thing is that if it's left leg one month, it becomes the right leg next month. I have taken her to best of vets but they say that her legs are absolutely alright and she does not have any disorder. I have also taken X-Rays but it's still the same. I understand that female dogs come on heat and during that they are not active, but that is also twice a year. Can you guide me what the reason could be?

Zuludon from INDIA

If you're still asking questions you haven't gone to the right vet. You should have NO questions, only answers if you had. I found a holistic vet that helped me a lot. He is a friend of my normal vet & together they work really well together in solving health problems for 1 of my dogs. By the way, please have your dog spayed. There's no reason for her not to be.

See another vet. She could have arthritis, which may not be seen on x-ray. A glucosamine-condroitin supplement may be helpful, found in health food and supplement stores, or online, and is used for people as well as safe for dogs.

After the vet may I suggest if not doing already a good quality dog food, such as Nutro that has glucosimine and chondrotion to lubricate joints?

just because the bone structure doesn't show any problems doesn't mean your dog isn't having muscle spasms, or something along those lines, especially when she is in heat.

i would try another vet! my friends dog has cancer of the bone and he limps on one leg then switches. but if the dog had an x-ray it should show. good luck

My dog limps too! Mine is a male though.

Hi there, fast growing puppies sometimes suffer from a condition called osteochondrosis dessican(OCD) in the joints which is where pieces of cartilage come away. It is painful and does affect different limbs, but will usually clear up by the time the dog is 2 years old.