Removing Grease Stain on Carpet

How do I clean a grease stain from the carpet?

By Ruth from VA

Have you tried Dawn dishwashing liquid soap? That really removes grease from dishes and I've used it on clothing stains before. I'd try an area of the rug to test it on first; some inconspicuous place to see if Dawn removes color from your rug.

There's another product called Lestoil and it's known for getting grease out of clothing. Again, I'd try a test spot first. One time, after trying everything I could think of (I didn't have Dawn or Lestoil), I was successful using Safeguard bar soap to get axel grease off of a baseball cap. I'm not sure if they make Safeguard soap anymore though.

Good luck.

September 19, 2011 Flag

One of the castors on my computer chair broke. My hubby removed all of them and made it a stationery chair until we could get to another town to buy one. It left a round grease spot which we cannot get out with every kind of carpet cleaner we can find. Would anyone have a good suggestion on how to remove that spot? Thanks for your help.

By Nana

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Try Spot Shot. You can get it at Wal Mart, Home Depot, etc.

I haven't found a carpet stain yet that it didn't remove.

April 24, 2011 Flag

How do you get grease out of carpet?

By Pam

Removing Grease Stain on Carpet

Take Dawn dish soap, put a small amount on the stain and work it in with a brush. Use a wet sponge to wipe up the suds, and repeat if needed until the stain is gone. (03/25/2010)

By ScottishYankee

Home and Garden Cleaning CarpetApril 24, 2011
Steam cleaning Upholstery
Removing Grease Stain on Upholstery
shoe polish
Removing Shoe Polish from Carpet
Coffee Stain on Carpet
Removing a Coffee Stain from Carpet
grease stain on carpet
Cleaning Grease Stains on Carpet