Using Plastic Bags

Does anyone have any ideas for uses for thin vacuum sealer bags. They don't work with my Foodsaver.

By ramonasct from Mobile, AL

Vacuum bags seal with a bit of heat. So, fill up with individual snacks and use a clothes iron to seal the seam up.

I have found decent results in getting them to seal without melting, if that is your problem, by waiting until they have heated for just a few good seconds, (you can adjust as you try it) and hit the release, usually the button on the right. If it is a different problem, I am up a tree, a live oak tree, as I also live near Mobile, Theodore, to be exact. Good luck.

Thanks Becca25 and LJF for the suggestions. I close all sorts of bags with my Foodsaver (potato chip bags, cereal bags that are inside the box, and many other kinds), but didn't think I could make it work with these thin vacuum sealer bags. Will definite try it. Maybe it will even let me vacuum close it.

I sell vacuum sealer bags and they are much cheaper than the namebrand (foodsaver) bags. My advice is that thinner bags should actually seal better than thicker bags. Have you tried different bags to make sure it is not your machine itself? Let me know if you have any questions, I've been dealing with vacuum packaging for years now and I would like to help you out!

Better Living Green Living AdviceJune 10, 2009
Organizing Plastic Bags, A blue plastic grocery bag.
Organizing Plastic Bags
Hooked Rug Using Plastic Bags
Making a Hooked Rug Using Plastic Bags
Saving Money On Ziptop Bags, Coins in Zip-Lock Bag
Saving Money On Ziptop Bags
Two soldiers photographed fighting in WW II.
Did They Have Plastic Bags in WW II?