Does Rain-X Really Work?

Does Rain-X really help you see clearer when its raining?

By Onesummer

Yes it does. It you have it on your windshield, the water will roll off the windshield when it rains. Don't know if works if it's pouring buckets, but if it's a light rain or drizzle, you won't need to use your wipers.

Yeah it does. I love it you almost never have to use your wipers in the rain! But you do have to apply it every so often.

Yes, it works for all types of rain, and it will prevent you from having to pull over when it is really pouring. The only drawback is that you need to reapply it often.

truerblue in PA

As the others have said, it does work. I keep a bottle in the car for emergencies.

I found out about Rain X many years ago when it first came out. Two friends and I went from Maryland to Georgia to pick up a baby grand for our church. On the way North with the U-Haul it started raining an we found out the wipers didn't work on the truck. At a truck stop we tried to get the wipers working and failed, a guy at the stop recommended using the Rain X to finish out the trip. It worked like a champ; been using it ever since.

My experience ... so so. It made the wipers wipe a LOT clearer. But I still had to use them. Perhaps not as much if the rain is a light mist but if it is coming down hard, I still need the wipers on.

If not for Rain-x several years ago while driving in a very hard rain to Dallas, TX we could not have made it. Along with the wipers we were able to see through the the rain.

Yes

Yes, but you have to make sure you windshield if very, very clean. If not it will make smudges that you cannot remove! Also don't leave it on too long.

Yes, and it helps with snow and ice too.

I have even considered putting it on the vertical tile in the bathroom to make water bead up and not leave deposits. I've wondered if it would restore shine to my old cast iron sinks.

Yes, it is a wonderful product. I have been using it for years. They have a new product of windshield wash that you put in your washer tank that already has the Rain-x in it. It works great too and is a lot easier to use.

Absolutely! And so fun to watch, the rain bounces off like little beads =)

Consumer Advice General AdviceDecember 31, 2009
Green Rain Barrel
Make Your Own Rain Barrel
Rain Drops on Leaf
Rain Garden Basics
Mom and 3 girls Camping in the Rain
Camping in the Rain
Plastic Rain Bonnet
Using a Plastic Rain Bonnet
🎄
🍂