Reseeding Lawn After Killing Weeds

If I use 1 pound of salt and 1 gallon of vinegar to kill weeds in grass how long before I can re-seed?

By bkmav66 from Newport News, VA

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

If you plan to reseed do not use salt and vinegar. Those items will damage existing grass and future grass seedlings. Fall is the proper time to seed your lawn with cool season grasses like blue grass and fescue. The young grass grows over the winter and in early summer you can apply a broadleaf weed killer over the whole area. Broadleaf weed killers do not affect the grass.

Thank you, do you know anything about how to get rid of black medic.

If these are not organic options for weedkilling and reseeding, what do you suggest? I have animals in our yard that I do not want to expose to chemical weed killers.

I do not know about organic weed killers as I only use vinegar and salt when I do not wish to replant. My son buys the chemical killer at Walmart that tells you how many days before you can replant and then adds a few days.

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

Home and Garden Gardening WeedsSeptember 8, 2009
killing weeds
Planting After Killing Weeds With Vinegar
Lawn being replaced by moss.
Getting Rid of Moss in Your Lawn
Hand picking weeds
Controlling Weeds Organically
Gravel Driveway
Preventing and Killing Weeds in Gravel
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 20, 2016 at 10:28:07 AM on 10.0.0.63 in 679 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.