Reseeding Lawn After Killing Weeds

If I use 1 pound of salt and 1 gallon of vinegar to kill weeds in grass how long before I can re-seed?

By bkmav66 from Newport News, VA

If you plan to reseed do not use salt and vinegar. Those items will damage existing grass and future grass seedlings. Fall is the proper time to seed your lawn with cool season grasses like blue grass and fescue. The young grass grows over the winter and in early summer you can apply a broadleaf weed killer over the whole area. Broadleaf weed killers do not affect the grass.

Thank you, do you know anything about how to get rid of black medic.

If these are not organic options for weedkilling and reseeding, what do you suggest? I have animals in our yard that I do not want to expose to chemical weed killers.

I do not know about organic weed killers as I only use vinegar and salt when I do not wish to replant. My son buys the chemical killer at Walmart that tells you how many days before you can replant and then adds a few days.

Home and Garden Gardening WeedsSeptember 8, 2009
killing weeds
Planting After Killing Weeds With Vinegar
Patchy unhealthy lawn.
Homemade Lawn Fertilizer Recipes
Hand picking weeds
Controlling Weeds Organically
Gravel Driveway
Preventing and Killing Weeds in Gravel
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 22, 2017 at 11:06:32 AM on 10.0.0.44 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.